Ur 1 - filter coffee
To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 00:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.
GUJI GRADE 1, URAGA, ETHIOPIA
The Ur1 is an easy to brew tropical fruity filter coffee with notes of peach, mango and strawberry. If grind size and weight of the coffee grounds are altered, you can find a whole lot of other flavors like caramel, rose hip tea or sweet almond. An interesting light roast with yet a quite light acidity.
Peach, tropical fruit, mango, strawberry, pomegranate, mirabelle, sweet almond, caramel, rose hip tea flavors. Light acidity, fruity with a lively mouthfeel.
Brewing advice for the Kalita Wave 155 coffee dripper:
- Coffee grounds: 13 g / 0,46 oz
- Water temp: 91 °C / 195,8 °F
- First pour: 30 ml / 1,06 oz, 30 sec
- Second pour: 150 ml / 5,29 oz, 10 sec
- Third pour: 50 ml / 1,76 oz, 80 sec
- Use water with around 14 ppm.
- Grind coarser for a quicker brew.
- Pour in circular motion and maximum turbulence.
- Beans should degas 8 days from the roast date.
More info on this coffee:
- Region: Uraga Guji
- Producer: Yenenesh Alemayehu
- Growing altitude: 2.000 - 2.200 m.a.s.l.
- Arabica variety: Heirloom
- Harvest period: January–February
- Milling process: washed
This coffee is from the Uraga washing station which is part of the Guji Zone, right next to the famous Yirgacheffe Woreda. At this altitude, coffee takes longer to ripe and is therefore almost last in the queue at the washing station. After being washed, the coffee is fermented for around 24-36 hours. The combination of altitude, time of harvest, variety and processing gives the bean its distinct tropical and complex taste.
For your planning please note: To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 00:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.