Mh1 - espresso
To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 23:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.
Marcala, La Paz, Honduras
This espresso is on the lighter side of a medium roast. It has nougat, red grape and and prune aromas and strong marzipan and almond notes which - when brewed as a strong espresso - will become bitter almond, raw cacao and dark chocolate notes.
Marzipan, dark chocolate, prune, raw cocoa, almond, red grape notes. Nougat and caramel flavors and a slight maple syrup aroma. Full body and a smooth acidity.
Brewing advice for a double espresso on portafilter machines:
- Coffee grounds: 19 g / 0,67 oz
- Water temp: 92 °C / 197,6 °F
- Shot time: 29 sec
- Beverage weight: 37 g / 1,34 oz
- Distribute grounds evenly to avoid channeling.
- Grind coarser for a quicker shot and diminished bitterness.
- Use filtered water for better results.
- Beans should degas 6 days from the roast date.
More info on this coffee:
- Region: La Paz, Marcala, Honduras
- Producer: Cooperativa RAOS Flor Azul; Cooperativa Regional Mixta de Agricultores Organicos de la Sierra (RAOS)
- Growing altitude: 1.200 - 1.800 m.a.s.l.
- Arabica variety: Typica, Bourbon, Catuai
- Harvest period: December - March
- Processing: washed and sun dried
- Grade: SHG (strictly high grown) EP (European Process)
- Soil: Clay minerals
- Acidity: light, citric, juicy
For your planning please note: To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 23:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.