Ec1 - omni roast
To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 00:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.
El Coyolar, El Tesoro, La Libertad, Huehuetenango, Guatemala
An easy to brew, sweet and full bodied omni roast coffee suitable for filter coffee and light roast espresso. The latter is perfect for a lively, juicy light roast type flat white.
- Filter coffee: Prune, rose hip, hazelnut, mirabelle, caramel, milk chocolate. Smooth acidity, super juicy, sweet and silky.
- Light roast espresso: Dark chocolate, green apple, hazelnut, cocoa and cinnamon notes. Lively acidity, tangy, strong body.
Brewing advice for the Kalita Wave 155 coffee dripper:
- Coffee grounds: 15 g / 0,53 oz
- Water temp: 98 °C / 208,4 °F
- First pour: 30 ml / 1,06 oz, 30 sec
- Second pour: 170 ml / 5,99 oz, 40 sec
- Third pour: 30 ml / 1,06 oz, 40 sec
Brewing advice for the Portafilter espresso machine:
- Coffee grounds: 23 g / 0,81 oz
- Water temp: 93 °C / 199,4 °F
- Brewing time: 34 sec
- Beverage weight: 36 ml / 1,37 oz
- No pre-injection
- Use water with around 14 ppm.
- Grind coarser for a quicker brew.
- Filte coffee: Pour in circular motion and maximum turbulence.
- Beans should degas at least 8 days from the roast date.
More info on this coffee:
Producer: Antulio Castillo
Location: El Tesoro, La Libertad, Huehuetenango
Region: Ahuachapán – El Salvador
Altitude: 1.800 meters above sea level
Farm size: 3,5 ha
Varieties: San Ramon & Caturra
On El Coyolar - Don Antulio:
El Coyolar is located close to the town of El Tesoro in La Libertad, Huehuetenango. Don Antulio has been working for 30 years in coffee and is producing coffee since he was a teenager. He learned everything he knows about coffee from his family. His heart beats for plants – he has a profound knowledge on coffee varietals and the needs of each plant. This is one of the reasons, he started a coffee plant nursery which also helps him to get a second income.
For your planning please note: To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 00:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.