AL 1 - filter coffee
To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 00:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.
Finca Los Alpes, Farallones, Municipalidad de Ciudad Bolivar, Antioquia, Colombia, South America
A super fruity, sweet and complex coffee we are truly grateful for. Lightly roasted it reveals all the beautiful flavors we love, like strawberry, tropical fruits or pineapple. It's juicy and easy to brew, enjoy!
Strawberry, black cherry, pineapple, tropical fruits, red grape, rum, rainsin. Apricot, dark cherry, cinnamon, rosehip, caramel, dark chocolate, honeydew melon, sugar cane. Smooth and velvetty acidity, sweet, complex, good body.
Brewing advice for the Kalita Wave 155 coffee dripper:
- Coffee grounds: 13 g / 0,46 oz
- Water temp: 91 °C / 195,8 °F
- First pour: 30 ml / 1,06 oz, 30 sec
- Second pour: 130 ml / 4,40 oz, 10 sec
- Third pour: 70 ml / 2,47 oz, 80 sec
- Use water with around 14 ppm.
- Grind coarser for a quicker brew.
- Pour in circular motion and maximum turbulence.
- Beans should degas 8 days from the roast date.
More info on this coffee:
- Region: Farallones, Municipalidad de Ciudad Bolivar, Antioquia
- Growing altitude: 1.650 - 1.950 m.a.s.l.
- Arabica variety: Caturra
- Harvest period: Oct-Feb (main crop), Apr-Jun (mitaca crop)
- Milling process: natrual
- Aroma: sweet, rum, fruity
- Flavour: strawberry, black cherry, pineapple, tropical fruits, red grape, rum, raisin
- Body: juicy, velvetty, complex
- Acidity: light, smooth
Directly under the “Farallones del Citará” mountains and surrounded by the Cochuana forest you will find this wonderful piece of land called Finca Los Alpes. Despite its unique topography, the farm is only a short drive from Bolivar in the Medellín department of Colombia.
The Finca is located at an altitude around 1,650 to 1,950 masl and magically protected by clouds. The massive mountains provide a unique microclimate: from the western side, humid air-streams are coming from the Pacific Ocean. On the eastern side, hot air currents are climbing up the slopes from the Cauca River Canyon. This climate enables the coffee tree to produce coffee all year round as it provides two very balanced rainy seasons per year. Therefore, the trees grow flowers and then cherries twice a year. Several creeks, rivers, and waterfalls are coming directly from the mountains providing abundant irrigation.
Finca Los Alpes was established in 1974. Today, 100 hectares are cultivated with coffee (100% Caturra), while the rest of the farm is kept as a natural reserve. Doña Elvia and Don Juan Arboleda manage the Finca together with their children Juan Alvaro and Olga. After harvesting the ripe coffee cherries, they are spread out in thin layers and dried in the sun. The cherries are moved several times a day to allow for an even drying process.
For your planning please note: To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 00:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.